Shepparton Cup Introduction
Welcome to the 13th edition of Victoria’s largest junior football tournament taking place in Shepparton again this year in October 2020. Shepparton is located in North East Regional Victoria, approximately 2 hours from Melbourne. A vibrant town in Australia’s food bowl, Shepparton is a fantastic place to visit all year round.
The event is held at the Shepparton Community Football Complex, one of Australia’s showcase sports precincts, with some of the key features of the complex including the a 530 seat grandstand on the main pitch, two show pitches, nine dedicated pitches, as well as other adjacent sports venues with lighting and ample change room spaces and amenities. More than 3000 players competed in 2019 over three action packed days involving 284 teams across all age groups from all over Victoria, interstate and overseas.
The tournament caters for boys and girls U7 – U16 and all abilities categories. Some other key features are listed below:
- Four games minimum regardless of results
- Generally group games played Saturday with Playoffs and Finals on Sunday. Teams can also opt in to Friday night fixtures under lights.
- Multiple divisions for larger age groups. Copa for NPL/Kangaroos and Liga for Wallabies/Joeys.
- Cup and Plate Finals divisions in larger age groups so teams play against teams of their level from other groups
- Football Victoria qualified referees provided
- Medals and trophies for winners and runners up
- World-class playing facilities
- A football expo to showcase products and services
- A FUN ZONE for the whole family to enjoy
Last year’s event saw a combination of NPL, community, interstate and international teams participate in a competitive and respectful manner, adding to a carnival atmosphere with some great skills on display.
It’s the perfect way to end the season!